Residents in the hamlets within Brazeau County (Rocky Rapids, Cynthia, Lodgepole, Violet Grove or Buck Creek) receive monthly utility bills. If you are moving in or out of a property in these areas Brazeau County must be contacted to set up or discontinue billing.

Those calling will be required to provide the following information:

  • Owner or tenant’s name
  • Current mailing or forwarding address
  • Possession or move in date

This information will allow the County to set up an account for a new owner/tenant and prepare final billing for the previous owner/tenant.

Account forms are available at the Brazeau County Office, or download it here.

Utility bills can be paid at the Brazeau County office during regular business hours, payment can be mailed to Brazeau County at Box 77 Drayton Valley, AB T7A 1R1, paid through any financial institution, or through the County’s Pre-Authorized Debit Plan (PAD).

Pre-Authorized Debit Plan (PAD)

Customers who sign up for the Pre-Authorized Debit Plan have their monthly utility payment automatically withdrawn from their bank account on the due date.

All you need to sign up for PAD is chequing or savings privileges at a financial institution (bank, trust company, treasure branch or credit union).

It takes approximately two weeks to process an application, so be sure to submit the application by the 15th of the month you would like the automatic withdrawals to start. You can pick up an application form at the Brazeau County Office, or download it here

If you have any questions about the Pre-authorized Debit Plan, please contact our office at 780-542-7777.


Utilities Consumer Advocate 

Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving water and energy utility related issues.

Utilities Consumer Advocate website






  • Evergreen Gas Co-op

    Evergreen Gas Co-op is a member-owned natural gas co-operative that serves portions of Brazeau County. The co-op is a member of the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops. It operates as a non-profit organization that exists for the benefit of its members.

    Those landowners wishing to sign up for the service must apply in person at the Evergreen Gas Co-op office. The land title and a cheque is required at the time of application.

    For more information on the gas co-op and if its service is available in your area, contact the Evergreen Gas Co-op office Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. or by e-mail at . The office can be found at 5304 56 Ave. Drayton Valley, AB T7A 1P9, or online at www.evergreengascoop.com.

  • 310-4300
    Emergencies in Drayton Valley
    Power: 310-9473
    Natural Gas: 1-800-511-3447