Fire Advisory in effect July 28
Due to recent wet, cold temperatures and future forecasted weather conditions, our Fire Restriction has been reduced to a FIRE ADVISORY for all of Brazeau County and Town of Drayton Valley starting Friday July 28, 2023.
Outdoor burning is permitted only with a fire permit or in an approved fire pit or burning appliance. The FIRE ADVISORY will remain in effect until conditions improve.
The following fires are permitted:
- Outdoor burning is permitted with an approved fire permit.
- Internal household fire places
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burn barrel (steel/metal drum no larger than 45 gallons- for Agriculture lands)
- Solid Fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Bylaw compliant backyard and camping fires
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designed camping and recreational areas
- Portable propane fire pits and appliances
For more information please visit albertafirebans.ca for fire up-to-date fire status or contact the Drayton Valley/Brazeau County Fire Services @ 780-514-2216 during regular business hours.