Division 1 By-Election April 3, 2023
Nominations for 2023 Division 1 By-Election now being accepted
Nominations for the April 3, 2023 Division 1 By-Election are now being accepted at the Brazeau County Administration Office.
Brazeau County has prepared nomination information packages for those interested in learning more about the requirements for becoming a candidate. Packages are available at the Brazeau County Administration Office, or digitally, if requested. Nomination papers are also available at the County office, or on the Alberta Municipal Affairs website.
Those wishing to file nomination papers to become a candidate may submit completed nomination papers until the close of nominations at 12 p.m. on March 6, 2023.
Brazeau County will be accepting nominations for the following elected positions:
Councillor (1) – Division 1
Nomination papers may only be filed for one of the available positions.
In order to be eligible for nomination for election a person must:
- Be eligible to vote in the by-election
- Have been a resident of the Division for the position of Councillor, at least six months prior to the close of nominations on March 6, 2023 at 12 p.m. (October 1, 2022).
- Must not have any outstanding taxes owing to the municipality, or be indebted to the municipality exceeding $500 and in default for more than 90 days.
*For complete eligibility requirements refer to the Local Authorities Election Act Section 21 and 22*
It is a candidate’s responsibility to be aware of all requirements under the Local Authorities Election Act. Copies of the Act are available online through Alberta King’s Printer
(kings-printer.alberta.ca) and hard copies are available at the Brazeau County Office.
In order to become a candidate for the municipal election an eligible person must submit the following as part of their nomination papers:
- Nomination form
- Five signatures of people eligible to vote in the election from the division in which the person is running
- A sworn or affirmed statement confirming the person’s eligibility to run
- A Candidate Information Form (Form 5)
In addition to nomination information packages, candidate information packages will be available at the Brazeau County Administration Office.