Is your community organization seeking grant funding? Brazeau County’s webpage lists funding opportunities categorized by Grants, Foundations and Corporate Donations. For more information on the different categories and their funding sources, please see below.
If your organization would like to discuss funding opportunities, please contact Jodi Beniuk, Municipal and Community Grants Coordinator at or 780-542-7777. Assistance is available to research funding opportunities relevant to your organization, and to provide support through the application, budget and reporting processes.
See below for funding opportunities organized by type.
Grants are non-repayable funds disbursed by grant makers, most often a government department, corporation, foundation or trust. Grantees are most often, but not always, not-for-profit entities, charities, individuals, businesses or educational institutions.
A foundation is a non-governmental entity that is established as a not-for-profit corporation or charitable trust with the principal purpose of making grants. Foundations provide funding opportunities primarily to registered charities and registered not-for-profit organizations.
A corporate donation refers to a financial contribution made by a corporation to another organization that furthers the contributor’s own objectives. Not all corporate donations require community organizations to be registered not-for-profit or registered charities.
Welcome to the current edition of the Grants Spotlight, which features the Alberta Ecotrust’s Community Grant program and the Brazeau County Municipal Energy Efficiency Rebate Program!
Alberta Ecotrust Community Grant
Alberta Ecotrust Community Grant applications are accepted from October 1, 2018 until October 31, 2018. The Community Grant supports community-based projects that typically focus on local opportunities for change through stewardship and action. These projects must be completed in one year. The maximum grant amount is $7,500. Public interest charities operating in Alberta are eligible to apply.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for funding for a Community Grant:
Project must take place in Alberta
Address one or more of Alberta Ecotrust’s environmental priorities
Alberta Ecotrust will provide up to $7,500 in funding, applicants must provide additional 25% of project funding as a matching contribution
Matching contribution can be either cash or in-kind
Project end date is a maximum of 12 months after the start date
All projects must align with at least one of Alberta Ecotrust’s environmental priorities. If you are in doubt, please contact Alberta Ecotrust before proceeding with your application.
- Water – Protection and conservation of water and/or the maintenance of water quality
- Land Use – Protection or enhancement of ecological function of native and developed landscapes, including biodiversity, wildlife habitat and land use management.
- Climate Change – Protection of the atmosphere, greenhouse gas and emissions reductions, and energy conservation
Questions for the Community Grant can be directed to email@example.com or (403) 209-2245.
Municipal Energy Efficiency Rebate (MEER) Program
Brazeau County is currently accepting applications for the Municipal Energy Efficiency Rebate (MEER) Program. Rebates are available for up to:
- $100.00 off the purchase of refrigerators, clothes washers, and smart thermostats
- $500.00 off the purchase of drain water heat recovery pipe
- $75.00 off the purchase of a furnace with a high efficiency motor
- $1,500.00 off the purchase or installation of energy star triple pane windows
- $1,000.00 off the purchase or installation of an energy star approved gas tankless water heater
- $3,500.00 off the purchase of insulation upgrades (new home insulation not eligible)
For more information on the MEER program or the Ecotrust Community Grant program, for support through the application process, or to learn about funding opportunities your organization may be eligible for, please contact Jodi Beniuk, Municipal and Community Grants Coordinator at (780) 542-7777 or email Beniuk@brazeau.ab.ca.