May 3, 2018
Brazeau County Enews
Business in Brazeau Issue 30 Q2 201...

How do I open a business in Brazeau County?

Are you thinking of starting a business in Brazeau County and wondering what are the steps you need to take before you can open your doors?  

Brazeau County does not operate a business license program. The County does require the application of a development permit for most business types (minor home occupation does not apply).

We encourage you to first speak to us to gather the knowledge you need to make an informed decision. Should you need help with this process and/or with developing your business plan, training support or funding/loan programs, call Wanda Compton at the Office of Economic Development at 780-5242-7777 or email 

In the meantime click here to read more on the development permit process in our Knowledge Centre found on our website. 

Brazeau County Box 77, 7401 Twp Rd 494 Drayton Valley, Alberta T7A 1R1