TransAlta is proposing a Brazeau Hydro Expansion project with a potential to generate up to 900 MW of renewable energy in Alberta.
Highlights of Project
- Creating local jobs and investing more than $1.8 billion dollars in Alberta’s economy – made in Alberta, for Alberta
- Power to your homes and businesses with renewable generation
- Supports the power grid when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine – backstopping intermittent renewable sources
- Investing in the future – long-term renewable generation with a 100+ year life span
- Ensuring competitive electricity costs to support provincial economic growth
To learn more, view a video of the project, take a survey to share information regarding your favorite recreational passtime in the area, visit the Brazeau Hydro website here.