Starting a Business in Brazeau

A Development Permit (Business) is required to operate a business within Brazeau County. 

Should you wish to operate a business within the County, you are required to submit the application prior to operating.  Depending on the zoning of the land and the nature of the business, the use will be considered either a Permitted use or a Discretionary use. The approval authority for a permitted use is the development officer, while the approval authority for a discretionary use is the Municipal Planning Commission (MPC).

Payment of fees is to be submitted with the application. If fees are not submitted at time of application, we will be unable to accept the application. 

For more information contact the Planning and Development Department 780-542-2667 or .