Development Permit Appeals
An appeal may be commenced within 21 days of the receipt of the written decision of the development authority.
Development permit appeals may be filed by:
- The applicant for the development permit; or
- Any person affected by an order, decision or development permit.
If a development permit was issued for a permitted use, an appeal may only be filed on the basis that the provision of the land use bylaw was relaxed, varied, or misinterpreted.
An appeal may be commenced within 14 days of the receipt of the written decision of the subdivision authority.
Subdivision appeals may be filed by:
- The applicant for the subdivision approval;
- Government departments to which subdivision applications are required to be referred for comment; or
- School authorities on limited issues relating to municipal or school reserves.
For further information, please contact the Planning & Development Department at 780-542-7777 and see the section on Subdivision & Development Appeals.