Revised restrictions and delayed openings for campgrounds - June 1, 2020
Recreation Facility Revised Restrictions and Delayed Openings
BRAZEAU COUNTY, June 1, 2020 — Brazeau County is taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and considers the health and wellbeing of residents, visitors, and staff to be of the utmost importance.
In light of the Province of Alberta’s recent decision to ease COVID-19 restrictions, Brazeau County has revised the restrictions that will be in place at the following facilities on June 1, 2020:
- Willey West campground
- Pih-to-kwe Campground
The following public guidelines will be in place at Pih-To-Kwe and Willey West Campground until further notice:
- Day visitors are prohibited. There will be an exemption for boat users to access the boat launch at Willey West Campground only.
- Campers permitted only with recreational vehicle (RV) units that have functioning water, shower and septic systems; all other RVs are prohibited
- Campgrounds will be limited to 50% capacity
- Group camping is prohibited
- Camping in tents is permitted only with immediate family members along with a self-contained RV unit
- Remote check-in will be implemented
- Playgrounds, outhouses and administration offices will be permitted to open, however washrooms and shower houses will remain closed
- No gatherings of more than 50 people provided gatherings follow social distancing
For more information about public health guidelines, visit www.alberta.ca/alberta-relaunch-strategy.aspx
Due to restrictions that remain in place due to COVID-19, Brazeau County is delaying the opening of the following facilities until July 1, 2020:
- Easyford Park Campground
- Modeste Creek Campground
- Lodgepole Campground
- Easyford Community Centre
- Lindale Rodeo Grounds
- Brazeau Sports Park
- Sardine Lake day use area
Brazeau County has notified operators of this change.
While the current anticipated opening of the delayed facilities is July 1, the County encourages all recreation groups and all residents to practice physical distancing and other federal and provincial public health guidelines and orders.
For tips on staying active and maintain mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit participaction.ca.
For more information, please contact Chief Administrative Officer Jocelyn Whaley at 780-542-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.