Willey West and Pih-to-kwe campgrounds to open June 1 with restrictions
Recreation Facility Openings and Delayed Openings
BRAZEAU COUNTY, MAY 13, 2020 — Brazeau County is taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and considers the health and wellbeing of residents, visitors, and staff to be of the utmost importance.
In response to the Province of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy, the following facilities will be permitted to open with restrictions in place on June 1, 2020:
- Willey West campground
- Pih-to-kwe Campground
Due to restrictions that remain in place due to COVID-19, Brazeau County is delaying the opening of the following facilities until July 1, 2020:
- Easyford Park Campground
- Modeste Creek Campground
- Lodgepole Campground
- Easyford Community Centre
- Lindale Rodeo Grounds
- Brazeau Sports Park
- Sardine Lake day use area
The following public guidelines will be in place at Pih-to-Kwe and Willey West campground until further notice:
- Day visitors are prohibited. There will be an exemption for jet boat users to access the boat launch at Willey West Campground only.
- Campers permitted only with recreational vehicle (RV) units that have functioning water, shower and septic systems; all other RVs are prohibited
- Campgrounds will be limited to 50% capacity
- Group camping is prohibited
- camping in tents is prohibited
- Remote check-in will be implemented
- Playgrounds, washrooms, outhouses, and concessions will be closed
- No gatherings of more than 15 people, and all gatherings must follow social distancing
- For more information about public health guidelines, visit www.alberta.ca/alberta-relaunch-strategy.aspx
Brazeau County has notified operators and recreation groups of this change. All group camping patrons whose reservations are impacted will be automatically refunded.
While the current anticipated opening of the delayed facilities is July 1, the County encourages all recreation groups and all residents to practice physical distancing and other federal and provincial public health guidelines and orders, including a restriction on gatherings of 15 or more people.
For tips on staying active and maintain mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit participaction.ca.
For more information, please contact Chief Administrative Officer Jocelyn Whaley at 780-542-7777 or email@example.com.