Fire Advisory in effect as of April 28
Due to recent warm, dry temperatures and future forecasted weather conditions, a FIRE ADVISORY has been issued for the Town of Drayton Valley and Brazeau County* starting April 28th, 2020. Outdoor burning is permitted only with a fire permit or in an approved fire pit or burning appliance. The FIRE ADVISORY will remain in effect until conditions improve.
The following fires are still permitted:
- Outdoor burning is permitted with an approved fire permit.
- Indoor/Outdoor household fire places
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burn barrel (steel/metal drum no larger than 45 gallons- for Agriculture lands)
- Solid Fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Bylaw compliant backyard and camping fires
- Portable propane fire pits and appliances
*This fire advisory is in effect for Brazeau County area that is not under Alberta’s Forest Protection Area or Crown Land
For more information please visit https://www.albertafirebans.ca/ for fire up-to-date fire status or contact the Drayton Valley/Brazeau County Fire Services @ 780-514-2216 during regular business hours.