Cannabis Consultation Survey
The federal government has introduced legislation to legalize cannabis by July 2018. There will be new federal, provincial and municipal processes for cannabis production, sale and consumption.
The legalization of cannabis will have many impacts. Over the coming months, Brazeau County will be reviewing federal and provincial direction and legislation as it becomes available, to help manage the legalization of cannabis in the best interest of our community.
Just as the provincial government can further restrict federal regulations surrounding cannabis, municipalities will be able to set further restrictions on:
• Where cannabis stores can be located
• Regulations surrounding cannabis stores
• Cannabis store operating hours
• Business licensing requirements
• Where cannabis production and distribution facilities can be located
• Regulations surrounding cannabis production and distribution facilities
• Where cannabis can be consumed in public
Survey – Have your say!
Brazeau County is looking for feedback to help inform changes and updates to affected bylaws, and input on developing new bylaws or policies to respond to the legalization of recreational cannabis.
Survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGVBWRL
More information is available here.