Brazeau County residents are also responsible for any other domestic animal or livestock in their ownership. The entire bylaw may be viewed here: Animal Control Bylaw 912-16.
Contact: Grandee Kennels
Phone: 780.514.0372 or 780.542.3265
Responsibility of Owners
Brazeau County wants to ensure everyone, including their pets, is safe. We encourage you to know the rules and follow them to protect your pet!
For this reason here are a few simple rules outlined in the Animal Control Bylaw
An owner of an animal is guilty of an offence and subject to a penalty if, your animal is:
· Running at large;
· Bites, barks, or chases any vehicle;
· Barks at, chases, bites, attacks, threatens, harasses or injures any person including, but not limited to, when such person is on bicycle, horseback or while walking or running;
· Causes damage to private or public property;
· Defecates on a person(s), private property, public property or highway;
· Barks, howls or otherwise disturbs persons;
· Is outside the home while in heat and or has communicable disease;
· Enters a body of water provided for public use.
To report an animal in distress call 1-800-455-9003