- First Annual Business Meeting of the Women in Business (WIB) Network
Join us April 25-28 for the MDP Charrette Event. What is a Charrette? It’s an intensely focused, multiday event meant to inspire creative ideas and quick problem solving among selected stakeholders. Our charrette event will allow everyone who participates to be a mutual author of the MDP. Each evening from 6-8pm, the entire community will be invited to drop in and share their thoughts. Click here to view our MDP Charrette Backgrounder and learn more about why the County is updating the MDP
More information on the Municipal Development Plan is available here.
Still have questions or want to find out more about this project? Contact the MDP Team:
- CONSIDER HOW YOUR LIFE WOULD CHANGEIF YOU LOST YOUR WATER SUPPLY!During this workshop we will cover:• Groundwater – how it works• Water quality and quantity testing• Well protection – protecting yourwell from contamination• Basic well maintenance• Water sampling – how to do itTo attend the workshop, please pre-register by calling Tara McGinn at the Brazeau County Administration Building at (780) 542-7777.
Come learn more about this program, how it could benefit you, and how it benefits the whole County!
The Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) program helps farmers and ranchers restore wetlands, reforest, plant windbreaks, install riparian buffers, create pollinator habitat and establish other ecologically beneficial projects on their properties. What’s more, ALUS not only assists producers with establishment costs, it also provides annual payments to ensure the ongoing stewardship of each ALUS project.
Look for Brazeau County staff at the following events:
Open House/Workshop at the Funnell Community Hall – 6 pm to 9pm – Mar. 9/17
ALUS applications are always welcome. Contact the County at 780-542-2667, email us at: or click here for an Expression of Interest form.
Corn 101 - February 22, 2017 [PDF] - 924KBBenefits of corn for silage/grazing vs other crops Benefits of Corn for soil biology/building organic matter Strategies for maximizing profit/acre Advantages for time management with corn
Back by popular demand, presenter Darlis Collinge leads a fun, interactive workshop that teaches you how to authentically answer the question “What do you do?” Building on her popular Framing Your Future conference presentations, Darlis teaches you a marketing approach focused on giving and being real, while learning your true nature and what your passion does for the people you serve.
Section One – 1 hour 15 minutes
- Introduction to Authenticity in Marketing
- Be Your Personal Brand activity: Identify Your Personal Values
- Love Your Customer / Client activity: Uncover Their True Needs
- Embrace What You Offer activity: Turn Features into Benefits
Section Two – 1 hour 45 minutes
- Stop Marketing… Simply Serve activity: Craft a “What Do I Do” response
- Start Connecting activity: Speed-Networking to Practice Newly Crafted Response
Please see below for the presentations made at the Harvesting Hemp Business Opportunity held Jan. 17th, 2017.