Introducing the new Community Events grant
Introducing the new Community Events grant!! Brazeau County recognizes that community-based events bring people together in many ways for the benefit of residents and surrounding communities. We recognize that not-for-profit organizations that host community events need to raise funds, or require donations.
What you need to know:
· Quarterly deadlines: January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st annually.
· Maximum funding per organization per year is $1000.
· The event must take place in the community, and must benefit Brazeau County in a measureable way.
· The event must not duplicate existing local services, unless a need can be demonstrated.
· Applications must include: application form, most recent completed yea’s financial statement, operating budget for year of financial request, Societies Act registration number and event liability insurance.
Missed the annual funding deadline? No problem! Brazeau County increased community funding accessibility by offering new quarterly deadlines (January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st annually) for ALL capital projects, cultural organizations and youth sports funding. If you have already submitted an application for the October 31, 2016 deadline, you do not need to resubmit for the quarterly deadline.
The annual operating funding for cemeteries, museums, community halls, and senior, disabled, and public transit organizations will now be November 30th of each calendar year.
The annual December 31st insurance grant deadline remains the same.
If you would like an application package, have questions about Brazeau County’s community funding or external funding your organization may be eligible for, please contact Jodi Beniuk, Municipal and Community Grants Coordinator at 542-7777 or JBeniuk@Brazeau.ab.ca.
Upcoming Funding Deadlines:
· Community Facilities Enhancement Program (CFEP)
· Community Initiatives Program (CIP) – Operating Grant
· Community Initiatives Program (CIP) – Project-Based Grant
· Alberta Conservation Association: Conservation, Community and Education Grant
· Drayton Valley Community Foundation – Letter of Inquiry
· Toyota Evergreen Learning Grounds School Ground Greening Grants